IntroductionB-Compound is Custom Compound On-Demand. It is a compound that allows the user to define the property requirement. Most of the material available in the market has the required functions that fulfilled the molding demand. A particular process sometime does not need certain special properties but by default they are added into the material. Alternatively, some of these materials may not have enough of the required functions, where additional additives have to be added. Most of the time, moulders have to compromise with the material they have or they will have to spend extra money to get the required properties.
BVSB has devoted itself to the development of compounded material that gives moulders exactly what they need. The choice is given to moulder to decide what properties and functions that are needed in the compound.
- By having only the needed additives and colours added into the compound. One time compounding for all the functions needed
Lower Material Inventory
- fewer material grades in inventory as the general purpose material can be compounded into special properties material such as flame retardant and alloy
Short lead time
- special properties can be developed and modified in a short lead time to fit the processing requirement
B-Compound consists of flame-retardant, Antistatic, Elastomer, Talc, Calcium Carbonate, Alloy/Blend, Melt Flow modification compounds and etc under the following brand name:-
B-BlendB-Blend is an alloy/blend of a combination of different materials to meet a specific material specification that meets customer or product application requirement. Alloy/Blend is now used widely in automotive, electronic and electrical markets, which require good impact resistance, heat resistance, flame retardant, good flow and etc at a lower cost compare to most of the resin available in the market.
Product available: PC/ABS Compound
- Use to protect plastic against mold, fungi and bacterial growth. Without antimicrobials, polymers can experience surface growths, causing allergic reactions, unpleasant odors, staining, embrittlement and premature product failure.
- Use to protect the polymer during processing, fabrication and end use from polymer degradation. Oxidation may cause a variety of chemical and physical changes in polymer property such as discoloration, loss of gloss or transparency, surface chalking and cracks.
Impact Modifier additives
- Additives used to improve the impact strength or toughness of plastics
Light / UV stabilizers
- Used in a variety of resins to prevent degradation caused by light wavelength e.g.: UV radiation from sunlight
- Used to improve melt flow and mold release of the resin
B-CompB-Comp is a custom color compound which we have our color specialist to match the color according to customers requirements and needs. We can do color compound for all types of plastic resin from commodity to engineering plastic except PVC Compound.
Besides our color expert, we have a color matching software to assist in color matching to boost both productivity and efficiency and thus reduce costs that able to covers even most complex pigment applications for Plastics.B-Flame
B-Flame is a Flame-Retardant compound. It is to protect property from fire damage and reduce the risk to life. The purpose of Flame retardant is to reduce the rate of burning and to increase the ignition resistance of plastics. Basically Polyolefin, PS, ABS and PET are relatively flammable compare to PA, PC and PVC which are less flammable. Electronic, automotive, appliance and building industries are requiring higher level of flame protection for plastic components.
We have successfully developed for Polyolefin applications at V-0 rating which meets ROHS requirement.B-Flex
B-Flex is TPO/TPE compound with a combination of polyolefin materials with elastomer to meet a specific material specification that meets customer or product application requirement. TPO/TPE is now used widely in automotive markets, which require good impact resistance, elongation and etc at a lower cost compare to most of the resin available in the market.Application: Bumper, Instrument Panel, Door Trim and etc
B-Pro is a Mineral Fillers Compound. It can be classified as either extenders or reinforcing fillers. (E.g.: Talc, Calcium Carbonate & etc). Extenders used to provide cost reduction and mechanical or thermal property improvements to the polymer.Calcium Carbonate used for cost reduction and provides little in strength improvement. Talc provides high rigidity and heat deflection temperature while maintaining good tensile and compressive properties at little loss at impact resistance.
Application: Automotive Interior Part, Chairs & etc
B-StatB-Stat is an Antistatic Compound. It is used to lower the surface resistivity of the plastic and dissipate static charge. High Surface resistivity can lead to esthetic problem such as dust collection, production hindrances; spark formation leading to possible explosions and damage integrated to circuits in electronic equipment such as computer chips.
There are two types of surface-active antistatic additives, e.g.: external and internal. External antistatic can be applied to the surface of a polymer through spraying, wiping or dipping. This provides temporary antistatic effect only. Whereas internal antistatic are compounded into the resin. The antistatic migrates to the surface of the polymer and it provides longer term protection against static electric charges.
Currently we are doing for PP, ABS and HIPS Antistatic Compound